– 3 medium overripe bananas mashed
– 3 large eggs
– 1/2 cup smooth almond butter unsweetened and unsalted
– 1/3 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 cups blanched almond flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
– 1/2 cup mini dairy free dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas with the eggs. Add in the almond butter, then the sweetener and vanilla and continue to whisk until well combined.
Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined, but don’t over mix.
If you’re adding chocolate chips, fold them in then transfer the batter to the prepared mini muffin pan, filling each one almost full.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-23 minutes or until they rise and turn golden brown. A toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin should come out clean.
Cool on a wire rack in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and continue to cool, with liners on, for another 15-20 minutes.
Store leftover muffins in a container at room temperature for the first day, then refrigerate to keep longer. Enjoy!