Bone broth is well known for its gut health benefits. Gut health is one of the main root causes of many chronic illnesses in our modern day and age, and it is something that we here at Upstream look at from the get go.
Bone broth is different from soup stock because of the time that’s spent simmering. The longer the bones and vegetables are allowed to cook, the more nutrients and minerals are pulled from them.
Some of the great ways that bone broth benefits your body include:
– Heals leaky gut
– Further protects the lining of your gut
– Contains glucosamine which protects your joints
– Great source of collagen, the main component of connective tissue
– Contains glycine which promotes better sleep and wards off fatigue
– Supports a healthy immune system
– Bone contains tons of minerals that support our own body’s biological processes including increasing our own bone strength
– Supplemental source of amino acids, which are important for muscle recovery and energy
Make sure to source high quality bones to make your bone broth in order to minimize toxin exposure and maximize nutrients. We like sourcing from Wild Pastures and Parker Pastures, both of which are listed on our recommended list for high quality regenerative meats. If you are opting to buy pre-made broths to get started, we highly recommend Kettle & Fire.
For more information on how your gut health affects all other processes in your body, contact our office today!