Bone broth is well known for its gut health benefits.
Bone broth is different from soup stock because of the time that’s spent simmering. The longer the bones and vegetables are allowed to cook, the more nutrients and minerals are pulled from them. Some of the great ways that bone broth benefits your body include:
- Heals leaky gut
- Further protects the lining of your gut
- Contains glucosamine, which protects your joints
- Great source of collagen
- Contains glycine, which promotes better sleep and wards off fatigue
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Increases bone strength
- A supplemental source of amino acids, which are important for muscle recovery and energy
Luckily, there are many ways to incorporate bone broth into your diet – whether you’re a vegetarian, pescatarian, or aren’t sure where to start. Check out this list and try a few to see which suits your lifestyle the best.
For more information on how your gut health affects all other processes in your body, call our office today!