Lettuce Wraps are a great snack or shareable appetizer. Leave out the chicken to make this completely vegan!
– 1 Tbsp avocado oil (olive or coconut oil would work well too)
– 1 lb. ground chicken
– 6 – 8 oz. button or baby bella mushrooms, finely minced
– 1 (8oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
– 2 green onions, sliced
– 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/4–1/3 cup coconut aminos, GF tamari, or soy sauce
– Lettuce leaves (butter lettuce, romaine hearts, or iceberg lettuce work well)
Prepare the filling by heating the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until fully cooked all the way through, about 6-8 minutes.
Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, and green onions. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until mushrooms are softened. Add ginger, garlic, and 4 Tbsp coconut aminos and cook 1 minute longer, stirring to coat chicken mixture. Add additional sauce as desired (remember you don’t want it too wet, or it will make eating your lettuce wraps a very messy, soggy experience). Scoop mixture onto lettuce cups.