Green powders promise to fill that gap by delivering the recommended daily serving of vegetables through the convenience of a drink. Clever brands have taken advantage of the opportunity to market green superfood powders to health-conscious consumers who want to increase their vegetable intake because they’re afraid they’re not getting enough nutrients through regular food.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of misconceptions surrounding such products, and most of them aren’t as healthy as the label claims. When it comes to green powders, ingredient quality is just as important as when you’re shopping for fresh produce. By applying these requirements, you can quickly weed out unhealthy or ineffective products and focus on those that provide the most potential benefits!
- Look for: Organic and non-GMO, freeze-dried, naturally sweetened, and dairy-free probiotics.
- Avoid: Added sugar, grains and soy, chemicals, fillers, and artificial ingredients. Don’t mistake green powders or other supplements as a replacement for real food.
Ask our office to see if you really need green superfood powders. Some benefits of a quality green powder include:
- Reduced oxidative stress and inflammation, thanks to the actions of plant compounds. That may reduce your risk of developing a chronic disease, such as cancer or heart disease.
- Improved energy from ingredients such as green tea extract, which is a natural source of caffeine.
- Detoxification. Alkaline plant compounds or alkalizing greens increase your blood pH.
- Weight loss – by controlling your appetite and blood sugar levels.